Friday, October 31, 2014

Compaore's departure

A selection of commentaries on www.malijet.com on  the news that Compaore has tended his resignation::
‘Moved to tears’ Happy to see this historic day for the people of Burkina Faso’
 ‘Congratulations to the great people of Burkina Faso’
‘My most heartfelt condolences to the MNLA who has lost its Papa. Sniff! Sniff! May Beelzebub welcome you all in hell with open arms!’
‘People of Burkina, thank you for having exerted vengeance for the death of Thomas Sankara in a good way’
‘Congratulations to men with integrity, everything has an end. Shame on you Blaise who thought power was eternal. We want to see more such popular  revolts in order to preserve democracy in Africa. Me, if I were in your your place I would prefer to die rather than depart in such a way’....
 

4 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

I must say that another blogger directed me here and it is most interesting seeing what is happening in a part of the world so different from mine and so far away.

1:23 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

Thank you Tabor! Just looked in on your charming blog 'A Day at a Time' keep up the eaves dropping all the best S.

8:08 PM  
Blogger vidhya said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Hotels in Chennai

10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear toubab,

My name is Ashlee. I’m co-founder of The Youshare Project, with the mission to connect people around the world through stories. I recently stumbled across your blog and I find it a fascinating glimpse into a part of the world where I've not yet been privileged to travel. I imagine it is a place very few people are privileged enough to travel to these days, and for that reason (along with the fact that you write about it beautifully) I think your story would make a wonderful youshare. If this sounds interesting to you, I would love to email you directly with more information and formally invite you to share your story with the project.

Best,
Ashlee

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home