Friday, February 28, 2014

Remembering Pudiogou

Djenné is enveloped once more by the fine dust of the Harmattan, creating an out-of- focus world where nearly all colours are faded and where dreams and memories surface more readily than on clear days when bright sunshine and azur skies sweep away day dreams.
On days like today I gaze out over the hazy distance and remember my favourite horse Maobi and I remember Pudiogou, my Dogon Man Thursday. He was the best amongst all those who have worked at Hotel Djenné Djenno.  Pudg helped with everything, but his most memorable function was to be my riding companion.  Pudg was here for all my horses: Napoleon first, then Maobi and finally Petit Bandit, which he rode here from the Dogon Country in 2011.  I now go riding alone but it is not the same.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Scheid said...

Such a touching remembrance of this man. How dislocating it must be to have someone who was such a part of life as this disappear, it seems without a trace.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I must say the blog post is just useful for everyone else reading it because the information and knowledge it contains is very important. I like the post! Excellent job! Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs. Hotels in Indore

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home