Saturday, May 04, 2013

'Sophie Sarin Screen Goddess'

ahem...well...those are in fact the words of David Nice, my most frequent commentator and fellow blogger on his energetic, broad-ranging and always readable blog www.davidnice.blogspot.com when he gives a resume of the Australian TV programme 'the Road the Timbuktu'. Scroll down until you get to the 1st of May.
And what else? Well the Flamboyant tree is in splendid bloom- it always amazes me how it can explode in such blooms at the driest and hottest moment of the year- how does it have the strength?

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Scheid said...

Well, Ms. Screen Goddess, why not? That was an excellent documentary, didn't you think, and your contribution was certainly significant. As for that beautiful Flamboyant tree, I guess they don't call it flamboyant for nothing! Lots of blooming things here right now, but none that would bear up in the heat.

1:19 AM  
Blogger David said...

Scroll down? Tsk, I expect your readers to absorb EVERY WORD. Actually if they find all the Mali entries, they'll notice how often I recycled some of the 24 photos I was able to take on our visit.

Wish we'd been there to see your tree in bloom. And indeed your now flourishing garden seems like a little miracle of its own, quite apart from the beauty of the setting.

10:09 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Of course David, how dare I suggest they scroll down... and wish both of you were here to enjoy the Flamboyant with me!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home