Friday, March 22, 2013

My Generation


I went to a fabulous party in London in January at my friend Lucy’s place with people of My Generation. There was a guitar available and one stray young person  who may have been in his early thirties started playing. Everyone got their I-phones out and found the lyrics to Suzanne Takes Me  Down and other Leonard Cohen songs and our young guitarist knew them all.  “Why don’t you play us some of the music from your youth?” we asked.   He told us that there was simply no comparison and he had no wish to play Oasis...

I have no fear of Old Age because I know that in a decade or two the Old Age Pensioners Homes will be THE place to be: the corridors will be alive with the sounds of Jimi Hendrix, the Doors and Led Zeppelin. The nurses and carers will be trying in vain to make us reduce the volume, just like our parents did in our youth.
But of course, we have always been right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home