Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What is going on??? I had settled down, rather disappointed, to the fact that the fashion show was not going to happen. But then I receive the official invitation from the Embassy this afternoon! It has clearly been sent to every embassy in Bamako, and everywhere else of any note in the capital! I phoned the Ambassador’s secretary- (Carin is away for a few days. ) The secretary was not aware that the fashion show was cancelled! So what will happen now? Will Carin decide to send out new emails, cancelling the thing, or will she let it go ahead? Bamako is calm at the moment.. Watch this space.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Rest assured that I am watching and of course want to see the giraffe dress and scarf. May all be well.

2:59 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Ah, Susan, I am carrying on as if the Thing is going ahead. Lay awake during the night revising my little speech. Sylvie is keeping her chef busy making cocktail mini quiches at the Villa Soudan, and the Giraffe Dress is being made even as I write this! Still no word from her Excellency.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home