Wednesday, November 07, 2012

You Fatima, stop pushing me away I do not address any young girl for love Bear in mind that a motive drove me towards you Your beauty is beyond any comment in my eye Do not push me away, let me approach you Whenever I remember you, it is a pleasure for me to join you And feel the smell of your self Fatima do not disdain me like that Let me approach you to please you for ever Do not push me away I am Imrul Kiss I once knocked the door of a suckling mother When she realized who I was, she sped up towards the door And opened it to let me in Stop prizing yourself high and turn to me for a while Do not you know that I caused the suckling mother To forget about her child for a while I am Imrul Kiss, turn to me and think about the pleasure of my company Do not push me away, I love you for ever I truly love you, Fatima; do not listen to the rumors about me I do not listen to the rumors about you I love you to my heart s content My love towards you is like a sea It runs its course for ever without any stop Let your love towards me be the same Do not push me away, let me approach you. This night is just like a sea following its course While I am weighed down by so many concerns The longer it gets, the more I am grieved Why do not you move away and let the day break at once Your darkness and the immobility of your stars increase my sorrow Perhaps the morning will be harbinger of delight and joy in the heart of mine The morning of light, brightness and full of vigor Let it deliver me from my annoyance with its vigor Let it remove me from this darkness with its light And let it lighten my heart with its nature Such is what I lust for, let the day break I look forward to it because of what its occurrences will bring to my heart I look forward to it because it will mark the end of my sorrows, annoyance, grief and my predicament I am used to going hunting while the preys are still in their abodes On the back of a horse fiery, bold, big, fast and fearing A horse which no prey escapes its attention A horse in the sight of which the animals move away A horse which the animals cannot bear its sight When it sees a prey far away, it hastens to it and tackles to it Sometimes it runs like a hyena, sometimes like other animals according to the circumstances.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I am taking an online course in Modern and Contemporary American poetry, and I have to say, this would fit right in! Speaks to the timelessness and universality of poetry, I'd say!

1:27 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Yes, isn't it wonderful how love and our human predicament just doesn't REALLY change. To be a poet is just to be able to express these timeless matters...I also think Mohammed did well in grappling with a foreign language!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

He did, indeed!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home