Monday, November 26, 2012

media interest continues

This time from a German TV station who was working on the story of the Manuscript Library again. But Nadia, in background above with Cheik from Reuters, Bamako, wanted to know about the hotel too; about my life here and about MaliMali! So I was filmed and interviewed. It has gone to my head of course, and I am afraid I have to show off again: I did the whole thing in German! JAWOHL, MEINE DAMEN UND HERREN! I am grateful to all those poor German tourists that I used to accost to try my rusty German out on whether they wanted to or not when the hotel was full. It obviously helped...

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Das ewig Weibliche zieht uns hinan, as your great German inspiration puts it (I think).

Tschuss, dxx

11:24 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

It is funny but from the very beginning of my time here the German language has been strangely present for me- from the very first wonderful trip in two pirogues from Djenne down the Bani river to Mopti with the gang of friends that you know- Andy the Austrian and I spent the three days trailing our feet in the water, trying to reconstruct 'Der Erlkonig' and we nearly got there, there were only a couple of strophes missing. When we arrived in Mopti we went to queue up in a bank, and the person in front of us was German. It was worth a try we thought, so we asked him if he could supply the missing strophe. And he did!
'Mein Vater, Mein Vater, und siehst du nich dort, Elskonigs Tocher am dustern Ort!/Sei ruhig mein Kind, ich seh'es genau, es scheinen die alten Weiden so grau.'
or something like that..
xxxs

7:51 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

Your talents seem to be endless! I do hope the media attention nets all things good for your many worthy projects.

3:30 AM  
Blogger wolf said...

...just try it - from min. 5:

http://www.n-tvnow.de/auslandsreport/auslandsreport-2012-12-07-15-10-00.php?container_id=108133&player=1&season=0

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home