Tuesday, June 12, 2012


And here is where things once more took a fortuitous, I might even say divinely inspired turn. I suddenly heard church bells and became aware that I was walking past the Oslo Domkirke (the Oslo Cathedral), and that it was 11 o’clock on a Sunday morning.
I wandered in therefore, more by a happy accident than by design to the beautiful cathedral, with its mid 20-century painted ceilings. It was a fine service, complete with the boy choir of Atlanta, Georgia on a visit. I must admit that I was deeply moved and was unable to stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks throughout the service. If I hadn’t missed the train, and if I hadn’t been thrown out of the Grand Hotel this lovely experience would not have come my way. I had an irrational but very real feeling that my whole morning had been somehow orchestrated by my old admirer Kjell who was saluting me on my visit and taking me by the hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home