Tuesday, May 22, 2012


Writing this on the last leg of my whistle stop European voyage: on the train north to Leksand in central Sweden, where I plan to do very little for a couple of weeks next to my mother and the delightful MNH (Mother’s New Husband).
Travel writing has been sketchy and also anachronistic. For the record my journeys went like this: Andrew and I took the ferry at Harwich bound for Hoek of Holland, and onto Amsterdam and Birgit. This is a neglected way to reach the continent, much in the shadow of the Euro-Star. However, it is fun! It has cheap and surprisingly comfortable cabins. Do take an outside one. Also make sure you dine in the proper restaurant and disregard the one-armed-bandit brigade, and it becomes a little mini-cruise! Here I am, happy and excited to have arrived in Hoek of Holland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Scheid said...

I am loving your whirlwind travelogue, and may you have a good rest in Sweden. If only the news from Mali were better. But, meanwhile, enjoy your time of doing little.

10:11 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

Oh, yes thank you Susan, I wish there were better news too! take care Sophie

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home