Tuesday, February 01, 2011


Although the French have more or less stopped coming to Mali, other nations are now taking their place, less worried about government warnings. There are of course the Italians, who don't believe in anything any government says, and keep coming just as normal. There are the Turks, the Slovenians, the French Canadians, the South Africans, the Portuguese and umpteen other nations who stick two fingers up at rumours of Al-Quaida and danger... Fortunately people keep coming, like for instance this intrepid Polish visitor, who wanted to work off a few too many calories gained over breakfast with a work out on the irrigation pump.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Cannon said...

I love your blog! I have been reading for quite some time now and have decided to let you know that I think it is enchanting!

leelee

9:59 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

you are very kind! I am myself feeling that it going through a less than enchanting period... I want it to sparkle but it feels a little dull just now. But who am I to argue? If you say so then thanks!

10:15 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I landed here at random using the Next Blog button. What a great blog and exotic photos! Until now my only experience of Mali has been the wonderful music. Thank you for broadening my horizons with your writing.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home